Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Service Coordinator in Boston, Massachusetts
Under the direction of and reporting to the Factory Service Center Branch Manager, the primary duty of the Shipping/Receiving Coordinator will be to perform the sales and service counter responsibilities of the Factory Service Branch, including actively selling after-sales system solutions and providing product knowledge to both distribution and end-users.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Service Coordinator:
Operations / Sales
- Perform sales and servicecounter procedures including answering phones, placing orders, logging in tools, and assisting walk-in customer traffic.
- Perform sales and service counter duties inlcluding draw parts from stock as needed to service counter trade.
- Maintain monetary transactions, record maintenance and assist with inventories as required.
- Perform counter procedures including answering phones, placing orders, logging in tools, and assisting walk-in customer traffic.
- Visually inspect goods received and route for storage, repair and/or service.
Shipping / Receiving
- Assist in receiving and recording units, parts and accessories ordered or returned for repair, service and/or stock.
- Assist in performing a variety of shipping and receiving duties in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Fill and pack orders and repairs for shipment to customers; prepare shipping documents and determine shipping charges.
- Assist in loading and unloading trucks and operate material handling equipment.
- Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in area assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED.
- Experience of two to three years in a customer service position is preferred.
- At least one year experience in a similar position to become familiar with shipping, receiving, and counter procedures is preferred.
- Must possess effective business communication skills and ability to understand local branch market.
- Must be proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled