Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. IT Director - Architecture, Infrastructure, and Information Security in Brookfield, Wisconsin
IT Director - Architecture, Infrastructure and Information Security
The IT Director -- Architecture, Infrastructure, & Information Security will provide technology vision and leadership, which aligns with the organization's technology strategy to enable rapid growth and efficiency. This role will establish the enterprise architecture, oversee the design of solutions, identify new technologies, and drive innovation within the organization. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing day-to-day infrastructure operations and information security as well as leading the strategic planning and development of all infrastructure operational systems, technologies, and processes supporting the enterprise. This position will partner and support leaders across the enterprise and will require significant collaboration and cross-functional planning and prioritization. This position is a member of the IT leadership team reporting directly to the CIO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide daily leadership to IT Architecture, Infrastructure, and Information Security team as it applies to the services provided. Provide daily coaching and mentoring to IT staff.
- Responsible for developing the future vision and IT strategy for the deployment of new tools and processes across all areas of responsibility, including developing a multi-year technology roadmap that aligns to overall business strategy and key business metrics.
- Part of IT Leadership team setting overall direction, establishing standard processes across IT organization, and balancing budgets, resources, and priorities to focus on key initiatives.
- Build an enterprise architecture function, lead the assessment of technology leveraged across the enterprise, and develop the future state architecture and standards. Assess emerging technologies and identify technology opportunities for disruptive innovation.
- Partner closely with IT leaders and executive team members to align the IT strategy and identify opportunities to leverage technology for competitive advantage.
- Build information security practice and implement tools and processes which support information security policies. Partner with corporate security resources to identify and implement security best practices.
- Oversee the implementation of ServiceNow and ITIL based processe, to support 7x24 enterprise-wide IT capabilities.
- Ensure day-to-day IT operations within Infrastructure and Information Security meet uptime and availability needs of business. Provide regular metrics that are published to senior leadership with ongoing improvement targets.
- Negotiate contracts and service agreements with vendors and suppliers for appropriate IT technologies.
- Facilitate effective communication with individuals at all levels to deliver business value and adoption.
- Drive ongoing business continuous improvements through process and technology suggestions. Be an advocate for change that delivers true business value and enables operations to scale with growth.
- Facilitate the appropriate timing for system upgrades that deliver functionality improvements and maintain supportability of systems.
- Manage overall resources and develop and attract best-in-class IT talent to support organization's rapid growth and increasing investment in technology. Help make Milwaukee Tool an IT employer of choice.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with IT concentration required. MBA, or other Master's degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years IT experience required, with a minimum of 5 years in an IT Leadership role.
- Experience working across several facets of Information Technology including application development and support, infrastructure, data & analytics, and information security implementing enterprise class solutions.
- Strong understanding and experience of diverse business tools and technologies (such as analytic applications, dashboards, predictive analytics, data mining, reporting or custom business intelligence applications, packaged software, SaaS solutions, and custom systems). This experience should include development, deployment, support and maintenance.
- Experience supporting large, global manufacturing business, digital channels, "big data" solutions, and 7x24 operations that will scale with rapid growth.
- Experience with information and cyber security along with PCI compliance.
- Experience supporting multi-site datacenters and other components of infrastructure including network, servers, end user computing, database, and storage. Experience with IoT and cloud computing including SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS.
- Experience serving as enterprise architect leading the design of large technology portfolios and establishing enterprise architecture function and capabilities.
- Proven experience in formulating global IT strategies and developing multi-year roadmaps.
- Strong financial skills and communication skills.
- Strong business process skills with experience in agile (Scrum and Kanban), continuous improvement, Lean, or Six Sigma methodologies. Experience automating processes eliminating manual tasks.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled