Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Project Manager- IT in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Project Manager - IT
The Milwaukee Tool Project Manager is responsible for directing all phases of one or more large-scale IT implementation projects. The typical project size and complexity is a 3- 12 month duration involving up to 25 multi-disciplined implementation team members, potentially across one or more Milwaukee Tool locations. Our projects are major strategic investments and their successful execution requires a project manager that is driven, proactive, creative, and assertive.
While your primary function will be as a project manager, from time to time, we may also ask you to assist with IT department functions including interviewing potential new hires, training, and general administration related activities.
Project Management (70%):
- Manage multiple high risk, high complexity IT projects.
- Provide leadership to all functional and business areas affected by the project.
- Work closely with the Milwaukee Tool IT leadership team to ensure adequate allocation of resources to our portfolio of projects.
- Develops and manage detailed project plans, cost estimates, resource plans, communication plans, risk mitigation plans and issue resolution plans
- Drive project decisions and recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization, and resource allocation.
- Manages project deliverables, scope & expectations
Communication and Collaboration (25%):
- Proactively communicates and reports status to executives, business sponsors and all other stakeholders. This is done leveraging tools such as status reports, executive briefings, and active day to day team communication.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with technical project team members to achieve project goals.
- Employs leading project management practices as provided by PMI and Milwaukee Tool IT delivery standards.
- Provides leadership to project team members with respect to project management processes and best practices.
Financial Responsibility (5%):
- The Milwaukee Tool Project Manager is directly responsible for managing the project budget providing the predictive financial analysis required to deliver accurate project status.
- The PM will support the IT management team by coordinating vendor invoicing, resource time tracking and providing project forecasting models.
- More than 4 years of experience directly managing large-scale IT projects/programs
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile implementation methodologies across all phases of Diagnosis, Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment and Operation
- Understanding of a complete solution within the context of an integrated enterprise-wide IT strategy
- Well-developed planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Highly developed business acumen
- Ability to work closely with key business stakeholders to communicate progress and vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to allocate the correct resources to each project phase and monitor their performance
- Consensus driven management style that support a vast set of stakeholders
- Strong leadership, teambuilding and motivational skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to travel on a planned as-needed basis
- Microsoft SureStep certified
- Implementation of more than ten large IT projects
- Experience with Microsoft platform of technologies
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Project estimation experience
- Mastery of industry-standard project management tools
- Master's Degree in Business or Engineering
- PMI certified
- Six Sigma certification or training
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled