Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Senior Regulatory Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the direction of the Manager --Safety and Regulatory Compliance; primary duty is to assist in the coordination and execution of safety testing and evaluation of Milwaukee products to the provisions of US, Canadian, and International product safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise Project Leaders, Engineers and Designers regarding safety requirements including tests and design constraints to minimize risk of injury and/or property damage.
- Supervise all aspects of product safety certification for Milwaukee products sold in worldwide. This includes, but is not limited to, preparation of test samples, execution of the test, test reporting and data analysis, and certification submittal.
- Ability to evaluate information and render opinion related to the safety of a concept, design, or product.
- Communicate with external customers regarding product safety matters.
- Review and provide feedback for operator's manuals and on-product markings
- Assist the Department Manager in the execution of product recalls.
- Be conversant with the latest industry safety standards (UL, CSA, IEC, etc.), regulations (UN, IATA, FCC, CP65, RoHS, ErP, DOE, CEC, etc.), and OSHA specifications. Where requirements are unclear, assist in obtaining an interpretation from the appropriate authority.
- Assist the Department Manager in the management and tracking of expenditures on behalf of company.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience handling product safety activities, preferably associated with power tools, Lithium-ion batteries, lights, and/or consumer products.
- Strong understanding of safety standards affecting Milwaukee products
- Familiar with Hazard Based Analysis techniques.
- Familiar with OSHA General Industry and Construction regulations.
- Possess strong verbal, written and organizational skills essential to professional communication.
- Show an emphasis on and adherence to schedule and attention to detail.
- Be able to exhibit an ability to track and understand cost/expenditure management.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, as necessary.
Milwaukee Tool is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled