Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Solutions Architect - Sales, Service, Marketing, Engineering in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the general direction of, and reporting to, the Director IT (Sales, Service, Marketing, & Engineering), the Portfolio Solutions Architect is a senior technical leadership role responsible for driving technology strategy, software solution architecture, and solution pattern development to enable rapid growth and efficiency. The role applies knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and solution architecture (hardware, software, operating system, database, business rules, user interface, etc.) to design and deliver high-quality solutions to the business. This role will be accountable for a portfolio of solutions associated with one or more business functions. In-depth business knowledge of business areas and the technologies utilized is required to understand business needs and determine optimal solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive "how" to build solutions optimizing techniques and methods for development speed and consistency by applying knowledge of the business unit, industry standards, technical architecture, and emerging technologies.
- Create and design new solutions by applying frameworks and patterns used by developers to create solutions in a systematic controlled, and efficient manner, leveraging knowledge about the business and the SDLC, and applying knowledge about the technical architecture stack.
- Evaluate end user needs before designing or selecting solutions to meet those needs which may involve conferring with users, studying systems flows, data usage, and business processes.
- Provide daily leadership, coaching, and mentoring of IT staff.
- Support project execution and development efforts by:
- Understanding and participating in all phases from ideation to delivery
- Researching and assessing potential solutions, making recommendations to IT and business leaders on how best to proceed
- Mentoring developers on appropriate use of frameworks, technologies, and techniques
- Anticipating problems with all phases of solution development, deployment, and usage
- Ensuring solution satisfies current architecture, security, and technical standards and/or identifying how solution may require adjustments to current standards and practices
- Sharing ideas, knowledge, and concepts across the organization
- Work closely with leadership in IT and the business to assess the current technology portfolio and develop multi-year technology roadmaps based on business capabilities required for the future. Identify gaps as well as opportunities for optimization.
- Update knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, 3rd-party solutions, and computing equipment.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration.
- Minimum 7 years IT experience including demonstrated proficiency in at least one of the following:
- IT/Business processes for large manufacturer and distributor of consumer goods
- Infrastructure or Technical Architecture
- Applications Architecture
- Information or Data Architecture
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in IT Project Leadership or Technical Lead for complex, high risk, high visibility IT projects
- Demonstrated superior knowledge of industry-standard business and technology best practices, tools, and methodologies
- Understanding of all aspects of the software life cycle from specification through analysis and design, to testing and maintenance as well as product evaluation. Able to leverage Agile, waterfall, or hybrid project methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team in the application of new structured development process -- concept, execution, implementation.
- Demonstrated expertise in requirements engineering, software architecture, software testing, and software deployment including understanding how the software interacts with the technical architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Sales, Service, Marketing, and Engineering business processes supporting global business operations in a consumer goods manufacturing and distribution environment.
- Deep technical expertise in Microsoft .NET technologies, CRM, content management, web sites, mobile applications, PLM, digital marketing, ecommerce, product information management, master data management, data warehouse and analytics solutions.
- Deep technical expertise designing and implementing custom-developed software. Experience implementing and integrating with solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Sitecore, Marketo, Tealeaf, and TeamCenter. Significant experience integrating these types solutions with ERP and data warehouse solutions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled