Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Sr. Advanced Manufacturing Development Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Under the direction of and reporting to the operations engineering manager, plans, organizes, coordinates, and executes process development activities while problem solving manufacturing processes requirements; and performs other related duties as assigned. The Sr. AMD Engineer candidate should have broad understanding of stamping, welding, forming, controls, and mechanical knowledge, as these skillsets will be used in combination to successfully accomplish the required responsibilities. Ability to travel to manufacturing sites to transition process development operating knowledge from AMD to AMT.
- Participate as a member of the department's engineering team in the development of new manufacturing processes, plans and improvement initiatives to support advanced manufacturing initiatives.
- Work cooperatively with Advanced Manufacturing & Technology engineering staff, and OPs PL's to ensure a schedule attainment is achieved and robust documentation is provided for the assigned tasks to create a successful transition of process development activities into a manufacturing setting.
- Work with New Product Development design engineers and cross-functional teams to evaluate and advise product design for optimized manufacturability.
- Identify and use new techniques and tools to the new product process development to achieve reduction of process development at the delivery phase for projects.
- Work with and lead development with equipment suppliers to deliver custom processing solutions to achieve goals and objectives.
- Perform a variety of calculation and software-aided analyses to prove process reliability, capability and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge and experience in process evaluation tools: Design of Experiments (DOE), statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools.
- Strong emphasis on fixture and gaging design, development and implementation for repeatable process performance.
- Identify and work with outside technical resources on specific projects and/or products when appropriate; i.e., universities, consultants, Research and Development, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Knowledge to draw preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings, using standard computer-assisted design software (NX)
- Knowledge to design a broad range of tooling, cutting tools, fixtures, equipment, and gauges to implement manufacturing processes.
- Make formal presentations regarding project status.
- Ability to be interactive 'hands on' with each upcoming engineering project.
- Create, maintain, and package robust documentation packages for responsible development activities and work with manufacturing team to verify alignment regarding collected information and support the pre-production activities for processes.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Minimum 5 years engineering related experience is required.
- Proven record of accomplishment of process development related activities such as stamping, forming, welding, and grinding.
- Travel Ability to travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations. Estimated yearly travel, 30% - 40%. Most trips will be contained into 1 week with possibilities of weekend travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled