Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Test Engineer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop automated test systems, including software and hardware development.
- Utilize Labview, Visual Basic, and PLC ladder programming in fixture development.
- Support new product design teams through test development, data analysis, and competitor benchmarking. Provide feedback to engineering about testing requirements.
- Provide advice for improving current testing methods.
- Use statistical methods to interpret test data and make formal recommendations to product design teams.
- Develop test requirements per specifications during design phase of new products. Prepare efficient test procedures from test specifications.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of reports; manage documentation control systems.
- Maintain test procedures and equipment according to departmental procedures.
- Create documentation of test fixtures, theory of operation, and specifications.
- Exhibit vision and foresight to test the extremes of a design.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Act as technical resource to other departments to address and resolve test issues.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Use Design of Experiments (DOE) analytical techniques.
- Develop and operate test methods for shaker table vibration system
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a strong electrical and software background.
- Knowledge of Test and Measurement techniques, including sensor technology, signal conditioning, measuring techniques, data acquisition and performance calculations.
- Experience with programming languages such as Labview, Visual Basic, C, ladder logic, assembly.
- Working knowledge of statistical methods and measurement uncertainty calculations.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled