Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. UX Designer in Brookfield, Wisconsin
Working on the Sales, Service, Marketing & Engineering software development team, and under the general direction of, and reporting to, the Software Development Manager. This individual should be passionate about technology, architecture and design while fostering an environment that values well thought-out software design within the team. The ideal candidate is passionate about the little details that matter and can help influence the company and engineers to be as well.
This position offers an opportunity to participate in field research and collect feedback directly from users of software applications. We are looking for that person capable of delivering a high level of creative design and execution, combined with passion and skill in working with both technical and non-technical users that can find the best areas for improvement without needing task-level direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sketches, wire frames, produces sitemaps and user flows, and creates clickable prototypes.
- Designs graphics, web pages and navigation schema of websites, desktop, iOS and Android applications with the goal of enhancing appeal to the user while maximizing functionality.
- Uses user insight, analytics, best practices, and competitor analysis for design decisions.
- Delivers a high level of creative design and execution.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Interpretation of Design Data
- Analyzes analytic data, heat maps, and user flow to aid in design adjustments to better serve end-users of the system.
- Experience with user research, such as focus groups, usability testing and surveys.
- Lead iterative design refinements to facilitate brainstorming, prototyping and reviews.
- Opportunity to travel for research and collecting user feedback.
- Driving and documenting design standards and patterns across software products by following in-place design patterns, and influencing the org for improving them where necessary.
- Knowledgeable about the latest UI patterns and standards for the Web, iOS and Android mobile platforms (e.g. Material Design).
Planning & Team Skills
- Comfortable as member of an existing development team in a Scrum model.
- Self-organizing and able to accomplish work with deadlines.
- Extremely good presentation and persuasion skills -- you'll be sharing ideas with developers, product owners and stakeholders and need to be able to influence them.
- Communicate with developers in their language, and understand their technologies well enough to ask intelligent questions.
- Effectively negotiate trade-offs with product owners and stakeholders.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree focused on User Center Design, or at least 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Requires demonstration of proficiency in key graphic design software packages for wireframing and graphic creation, such as Balsamiq, Axion and Photoshop (or comparable).
- Background in visual design (art, interactive design, motion graphics, and print design) is desired and valued, but not strictly required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled