Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Vice President Battery Systems in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The primary responsibility is to lead the Battery Team toward disruptive innovation for Battery Systems to ensure Milwaukee Tool maintains its leadership position in battery powered Professional Power Tools.
This role is also responsible for:
- Performance Management of Battery Team members.
- Providing oversight for all New Product Development, including new technology as well as Product Support and Value Engineering for battery systems.
- Utilize proven leadership skills to provide technical oversight, career and professional development guidance to Battery System team members responsible for battery pack project leadership as well as mechanical and electrical system design.
- Able to work, and build relationships, with existing, as well as new, battery cell suppliers.
Develop and drive a human capital management strategy, recruiting and retaining the Battery Team members.
Support and tailor strategy to evolve exsiting technology as well as identify and execute disruptive battery innovation.
- Provide strategy to evolve exsiting technology as well as identify and execute disruptive battery innovation.
Expectations Delivered by:
- Enabling and ensuring cross-functional collaboration and strong sense of team.
- Working and building relationships with battery cell suppliers.
- Working with cross-functional leaders, including Product Marketing and the Executive Team, to collaboratively develop battery cell short and long term strategy to deliver on user needs.
- Identifying and responding to resource opportunities and challenges.
Embracing the Milwaukee Tool culture and becoming a role model for how to adjust to change and competing priorities.
Using excellent communication and emotional intelligence skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Advanced degree in Engineering, or Business, preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience working in Li-Ion battery industry.
- Demonstrated experience with successful design and application of hardware, firmware as well as integration of software, particularly in the area of Embedded Electronics Systems.
- Experience with Li-Ion Cell technology, chemistry, design and construction.
- Design of Li-Ion Battery Pack and Charging systems for use with battery operated products.
- Designed and understands fundamental rationale of battery charging algorithms.
- Created battery cell, battery pack, charger, pack/charger and pack/product testing methods.
- Oversight of project leaders, program mangers and/or technical leaders for Lithium-ion battery packs and Li-ion battery pack powered products delivering on cost, performance and schedule targets.
- Communicates in an open and direct style to establish quick and effective credibility within team, as well as with a diverse set of business leaders; the ability to collaborate and influence is critical.
- Demonstrated strategic vision with strong operational and communication skills; comfortable communicating cross functionally and at all levels within the organization, up to and including Executive Team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, particularly electronic root cause and resolution
- Lead Engineering and Project Leadership professionals with multiple priorities in a fast paced, and agile environment.
- Proven experience in developing high performing teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled