Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Machine Technician 1 in Greenwood, Mississippi
The Machine Technician 1 is responsible for manufacturing product by operating and maintaining equipment and processes that provide optimum customer service. This position is reserved for Machine Technicians at the entry level. Also responsible for enhancing the department's safety, quality and productivity as well as assisting Facilitator as required.
This position will be responsible for knowing and implementing all area specific compliance issues, including safety, quality, environmental, and MT/plant policies. This position will contribute to team efforts by participating in continuous improvement projects as required. This position will also require working with maintenance to complete monthly PM's.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all safety requirements in the work area
- Housekeeping- follow all house keeping policies and schedules.
- Understand and demonstrate how to use all gagues in the cell.
- Undestand tolerances and how to make offsets on the machine to stay in spec.
- Utilze quality tools in the cell ie SPC, OEE, etc.
- Operate a minimum of one machine in the department efficiently (85% or better)
- Perform set up (change overs) following procedures in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot equipment, including automated operations, controls, and sensors.
- Assist maintenance department in preventative maintenance responsibilities. Participate in updates of preventative maintenance schedules.
- Complete routine equipment and product inspections and complete required documentation.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor equipment repairs. Provide feedback to Maintenance and Supervisor as needed.
- Inform supervisor or Department Manager about processes or equipment requiring attention.
- Recommend and participate in completion of continuous improvement projects specifically designed to improve processes, productivity and quality, especially those related to corrective actions.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the manager/supervisor, including working other shifts as necessary.
- Adhere to 5S in the department
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills
- Able to interpret technical data, including drawings and OMS.
- Must be proficient in the use of common inspection and test equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School or GED diploma required.
Technical Certification in a Mechanical, Electrical, Automation prefered
Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in maintenance, mechanical, or technical field at MT or similar employer.
Physical and Weight Lifting Demands
The physical and weight lifting demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled