Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Quality Technician 2- 2nd Shift in Jackson, Mississippi
Quality Technician 2 - 2nd Shift
The Quality Technician 2 is responsible for following procedures to inspect supplier's parts and materials in the cell utilizing safety standards as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Perform work per work instructions
Inspection of component and workplace audit with documented results
- Initiate corrective action as required
- Setup and operate optical comparator to measure angles, lengths, center distances and radius
- Part measuring using standard inspection equipment -- calipers, micrometers, dial bore gages, etc.
- Operate and program O-Inspect/Contura CMM to measure XYZ coordinate system/ GD&T features and analyze results.
- Maintain updated records and prints on parts verified on CMM.
- Use Lab Master and other lab equipment for gage calibration.
- Order new or additional gages and dispose of obsolete or worn gages.
- Conduct heat treat testing per specification.
- Manage calibration recordkeeping and update records on system.
- Inspect all incoming material per quality instructions
- Enter NCR in computer and control parts until disposition is determined
- Maintain received files and records and update required records to show gauge status
- Using gauge calibration procedures, verify gauging used within cells
- Adhere to all safety requirements in the work area
- Practice 5Ss
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions, as well as drawings and blueprints
- College level math skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of engineering standards
- Leadership skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Quality experience
Physical and Weight Lifting Demands
The physical and weight lifting demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled