Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Continuous Improvement Engineer in Olive Branch, Mississippi
Continuous Improvement Engineer
The Continuous Improvement Engineer serves as the onsite warehouse specialist at the Olive Branch Distribution Center. In addition to supporting the development and deployment of an enterprise-wide business process improvement strategy, the CI Engineer will assist in building a culture of waste elimination by analyzing the effectiveness of business processes then developing and executing action plans to achieve optimal future state to reduce costs, streamline processes, and enhance overall customer experience.
This position is a fundamental part of our cross-functional team located in a fast-paced transactional environment. The ideal candidate will have strong root cause analysis skills with proven process improvement experience.
It will also be necessary to be a good project leader, coordinating process improvement initiatives with groups that may be unfamiliar with Lean tools. The ideal candidate has the ability to influence and motivate project teams that span multiple departments and locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the subject matter expert for key processes in the facility. Analyzes work and document processes using industrial engineering techniques, i.e. process flow charts, traditional time studies, statistical process control (SPC) techniques, and predetermined time standards to develop process cycle time.
*Participate in strategic Process Mapping, Kaizen, Quick hit projects from definition through execution. Coordinate cross-functional resources for these events and projects. Assist in electronically documenting output of events.
*Perform analysis of current state & provide multiple what-if scenarios to find best solution to achieve future state. Well rounded understanding of financial impacts of these scenarios.
*Develop and execute action plans and project timelines. Track and report out on project progress as needed.
*Implement robust improvements with plans for sustainability.
*Establish appropriate metrics, build dashboards, and report on progress, achievements and results. This includes management updates and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
*Ensure Improvements are fully integrated through follow-up, perseverance and consistency.
*Select and execute appropriate lean tools depending on situation -- VSM, Kaizen, Poka-Yoke, JIT, Kanban, Visual Management, Pull systems, DMAIC, PFMEA, Root cause, 8D, and 5-why analysis etc. Train team on overall Lean approach and how to use tools in project implementation.
- Additional responsibilities include: working with the IT team to test and roll out IT changes.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Quality, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent years of directly related experience in Lean/Continuous Improvement roles
- 2+ years of experience with business process improvement
- Previous exposure/project participation where problem solving, process development and/or behavior change methods and tools have been used
- Proficiency in Process Improvement methodologies
- Proficiency in Project management tools
- Data analysis skills in MS Excel, Minitab, Pareto, Control charts, PowerPivot, and/or VBA
- Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Experience working in a mid to high-volume distribution center or large retail operation is strongly preferred
- APICS Certification (CPIM/CSCP) Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled