Techtronic Industries North America, Inc. Shipping Coordinator/Repair Tech in Orange, California
Under the direction of and reporting to the Factory Service Center Branch Manager, the primary duty of the Shipping Coordinator/Repair Technician will be to perform shipping and receiving responsibilities and repair and/or service work of Milwaukee products in accordance with prescribed procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Shipping Coordinator / Repair Technician:
Shipping / Receiving
- Perform a variety of shipping and receiving duties in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Receive and record units, parts and accessories ordered or returned for repair, service and/or stock.
- Visually inspect goods received and route for storage, repair and/or service.
- Fill and pack orders and repairs for shipment to customers; prepare shipping documents and determine shipping charges.
- Load and unload trucks and operate material handling equipment.
Service / Repair
Work involves disassembly of units, diagnosis of operating difficulty, location and replacement of worn or defective parts within times in accordance with work instructions.
Perform prescribed inspections and make decisions as to feasibility of repairs.
- Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
- Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
- Set-up and perform electrical and mechanical tests to insure product's repair and/or work performed is in conformance with prescribed quality standards.
- Work from parts sheets, specifications and drawings.
- Assist with sales and service counter duties; draw parts from stock as needed to service counter trade; maintain monetary transactions; record maintenance and assist with inventories as required.
Assist in performing counter procedures including answering phones, placing orders, logging in tools, and assisting walk-in customer traffic.
Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in area assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as directed.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of previous experience in electrical and/or mechanical repair is preferred.
- Experience of two to three years in a customer service position is preferred.
- At least one year experience in a similar position to become familiar with shipping, receiving, and counter procedures is preferred.
- Must possess effective business communication skills and ability to understand local branch market.
- Must be proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled